Recording automation in Perform mode for Play+

What is the problem?

You can do crazy stuff with the Perform mode, but you cannot record it as an automation (and do more crazy stuff on top?).

How does it differ from Applying the perform mode’s effects permanently:

What do you want to achieve?

Have some sort of automation lanes for those beautiful performance pads. Preferably, those lanes should be bound to the perform pads themselves, but not the settings these pads adjust, because they may become editable later and it would be a bit more flexible option for player.

Are there any workarounds?

No.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

Teenage Engineering PO-33 or any PO, actually.

2 Likes

If Applying the perform mode's effects permanently would be implemented, why would this feature make a difference? Honest question. :slight_smile: I understand that a user may want to repeat a great performance they just had, but I don’t understand the practical difference between applying those perform mode effects to the project (the other wish) and recording them as automation (this wish). I wonder whether they are just to ways to achieve the same result or they provide different end results for the user.

check our discussion in that thread:

there’s hell of a difference between applying some effect to a whole pattern and to just a couple of moments of it. for example, you won’t apply → save any «loop» effects to a whole pattern, right? also, currently you apply performance effects to a whole set of selected tracks, but with such automation lanes, on the contrary, you could record different performance activations/deactivations for each track separately. last, but not least, user could render it later.

have you ever used PO-33? recording FXs in real time is fun, it just makes everything 3d. when I bought Play, I actually thought it would be the definitive upgrade in such functionality, not downgrade.

upd, related:

@ambivalence Thanks for your contribution. Unfortunately, the wish doesn’t fit our current product design direction. :slight_smile:

1 Like

too bad, seems like I’m skipping Play+. this feature would make it a really great performing/inspirational device.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.