Auto-place notes for an instruments slices

When creating a sliced instrument, you currently have to place each individual slice manually on the timeline. This wish proposes an automated way to do that.

What is the problem?

Currently when you create a sliced instrument (regular or beat slice), the user has to place the notes individually/manually. This is perfectly fine and should be the normal behaviour. Some users may also prefer a function that would allow to place the slices automatically on a track, based on the samples slices timing and length.

Currently you’d have to spend large amounts of time trying to match the tempo then add micromoves, delays etc to get a perfect playing sample in slices…

What do you want to achieve?

The ability to slice a sample and the auto-place the notes on a track, so that the sample plays back seamlessly, while still have individual steps to add various FX too.

Are there any workarounds?

Playing live via a midi controller or via the pads and hoping for minimal mistakes and/or edit steps manually.

Any links to related discussions?

–

Any references to other products?

Renoise - where you can slice up a sample them export it into the phrase editor which will time and delay the steps perfectly… Which can be copied and pasted into tracks for further editing…
It is understandable that the Tracker is a portable workstation and not a DAW so there probably are limitations. But this feature would save a ton of time especially when traveling and you dont have a midi keyboard at hand.

Hey @iamyorkimagery , welcome to the community :partying_face:

I think this seems to go in a similar direction as the following wishes:

Accepted/Votable Wish:

Declined Wishes:

If you could pitch shift a sample to the tempo of the project, i suppose that would solve the issue, since you could just lay down the notes at the correct steps and call it a day, correct?

If so, then i’d say you should put your vote on the first wish.

But if i have completely misunderstood your wish here, please let me know :blush:

Yep, then you definitely want to put a vote in this request:

This would allow to calculate and apply the proper pitch to the sample. Meaning the slices would line up nicely to your pattern then, freeing up the step fx slots as well.

If that’s ok with you, i’ll close this request.

I made the vote but it definitely is similar but not the feature I was requesting… Not worried about tempo just need the slices placed in the track as timed as if I was playing the beat slices manually and in perfect sync to sound identical to the original sample… Whether that comes out to 128 steps or 5 steps at the set tempo of song… No stretching or pitching involved…

Ah! That is indeed a different request! Could you clarify that in the initial request. So that it’s easier to understand and to differentiate from the other request for Polyend? That would be greatly appreciated! :heart:

Sure thing… I havnt made any requests so i am new to all of this…

1 Like

No worries, we all gotta start somewhere :blush:

Here’s the link to the Guidelines. It’s a good primer that gives you a hint on what to look out for.

I’ve updated the wish. Let me know if this is in line with your thoughts.

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

1 Like