Pitch shift without tempo change

Octatrack, sp404 etc can all pitch shift within tempo.
With Tracker it is cumbersome and imprecise.
This wish asks to change tempo without pitch change and vice versa.

What is the problem?

Tempo changes when pitch shifting a note, or playing longer notes at different pitches.

What do you want to achieve?

• To play longer samples at different pitches whilst staying in time with track tempo.
  • Or alter tempo on say a drum loop without losing pitch.

Are there any workarounds?

• Granular Beat Stetch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIZsvMkvrjQ
  • Possibly change tempo per sample, then re-pitch to correct note, but some heavy maths involved there, and filling up the sample memory is a likelihood.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

Octatrack, SP404, Deluge, Ableton.

1 Like

Not to be a Debbie Downer… but that’s how Trackers historically work :laughing:

And i have my doubts that we will see that on the OG Tracker, purely based on the computational limitations.

There is one wish for something similar:

I know it’s not the same. But as i mentioned i doubt that we will see realtime tempo changes without pitch changes.

That being said, i’ve slightly altered your wording. I hope that’s ok. :blush:

EDIT: there was a similar wish for the Play, which was declined because of technical limitations. Since the Play and Tracker are pretty similar hardware wise, i’m guessing this could apply here as well. BUT… i might be completely wrong. Let’s find out :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on the granular thing. And yes, appreciate the amendments.

Hi @paul-8189 , thanks for you contribution but unfortunately this is not possible due to technical limitations.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.