Record perfect loops with external synth

Tracker already allows to record an external synth sequenced from an internal sequence. It would be very useful to have the ability to tell Tracker how many steps you want to record and when to stop to make perfect loops.

What is the problem?

With tracker you can make a sequence, play it with an external synth an record inside the tracker as a loop, but the boundaries are not perfect because it’s a manual REC/STOP.

What do you want to achieve?

Tell Tracker to start the internal sequence and stop it after a number of steps to make a perfect loop.

Are there any workarounds?

Yes, set the boundaries of the loop manually.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

In NI Maschine you can tell how many bars you want to record. It begins to record when detects audio incoming and stops after the number of bars you have specified.

The new Digitakt OS1.5 has implemented this: “To top things up we also added a new way to record your samples; you can now set a fixed number of steps for your recording”

14 Likes

Hi! Feel free to edit and sorry for the english :slight_smile:

1 Like

Every sampler (and DAW and looper pedals) should have this.

2 Likes

Just added that new Digitakt OS 1.5 released today has this on it.

2 Likes

Thank you

Yes! It would be really nice!

1 Like

@here thanks for contributing! The wish is open for voting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you very much!!

To be honest, I haven’t tried it myself, but I think this can be achieved by setting fx tempo stop at the end of the prescribed sequences. So when recording an external device controlled by the tracker, the sequence will stop exactly at the end (or wherever fx is set).
It’s a crutch, but it should work :wink:

1 Like

This combined with sampling via USB (see the wish below) would allow to very easily grab loops from an iPad/iPhone/Android device with just one USB cable which will transmit midi and audio.