Granular Length Step FX

The addition of a Granular Length Step FX could really expand creativity with the granular engine. Being able to adjust a length value per step would allow for some very interesting and cool sound manipulations.

What is the problem?

It is currently not possible to change the Length of the Granular Grain via Step FX or Instrument Automation.

What do you want to achieve?

Have the possibility to change the Length of the Granular Grain via a Step FX or Instrument Automation to enhance the possibilities of the Granular.

Are there any workarounds?

No

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

–

11 Likes

Hi @shawnjwshackelford, welcome! Please see Writing a good feature request. It is important to use the template to ensure good quality feature requests.

1 Like

For completeness sake. Here the link to the initial request on Github:

is there anything missing to make this a valid “wish” ?

@here thanks for your contribution. This one is open for voting now! :slight_smile: Enjoy

2 Likes

This function will be handy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi !
I’d go further and say that grain size could be a modulation destination in the instrument settings, with ADSR and LFO.
Is it a wole new request ?

I think that is already covered by the Instrument Automation part of the request.
From an outside perspective i think once that ability is there, it shouldn’t be too hard to cover step fx and instrument automation at the same time.

But i could of course be completely wrong :laughing:. So don’t quote me on that!

3 Likes

Bump for new members, please consider voting :slight_smile:

1 Like

bump new owner and member. The granular options are currently amazing. A step FX would be bonkers.

2 Likes

All these tracker wishes concerning the software i assume are also applicable to the Mini.
As a Mini owner i vote along

Was looking for this feature straight away - would be interesting to shift the grain window through the sample for changes in timbre

2 Likes

Hope this gets implemented someday. Would make the granular play mode much more valuable.