Envelopes in Instrument Automation are sometimes not triggered during playback

FW 1.7 build 533

Intermittent LOUD clicks on rapid (1 step) voice retrigger w 1 shot sample mode

Intermittent DROPPED NOTES, usually around 1 step voice retrigger as well.

Video: https://youtu.be/iqBCdY1yiDk?si=zya1jkIRxuns1wzz

Project: Dropbox - KIT FACTORY 2.zip - Simplify your life

Hey @thephatconductor , could you share the project with us? You could just save the one pattern with the neccessary instruments as a new project, if you don’t want to share the entire song.

This way Polyend and other people (like me) can confirm this behaviour as well :muscle:.
Just save the project, and ZIP up the entire folder and drop it in here. :heart:.

added!

1 Like

Hi @thephatconductor , thank you for detailed report, video and the project attached! This helps us a lot to immediately understand the problem. We’ll look into it and let you know when we have a solution. Thanks for the good vibe also :wink:

1 Like

yeah I confirm that I have the same problem
it happens when you retrigger a note when the previous one didn’t stop
(as clearly illustrated in the video above).
but it doesn’t just happen during tracker playback
it even happens simply by playing the pads
you play a second note without waiting for the previous note’s sample to finish, and you get a click

I’m sending all my strength to the Polyend team to solve this problem :wink:

2 Likes

OK, I wanted to avoid this, but I have to jump in… :slight_smile:

1. Please read How to report bugs for future reports and do not report two issues into same topic. This creates confusion and will just delay the fixes.

2. I am specifically talking here about the “lost notes” issue and will rename the topic to reflect this.

3. Regarding “clicks”, we are still not sure about the cause and solution for this. I suggest we discuss this separately in already existing report which collects all issues related to “clicks” in audio: Trying to solve the mystery of clicking/popping on the Tracker

Thanks again for your patience and understanding

1 Like

OK. Understood.

In my defense: I’m pretty sure that these two issues are the same issue.

There is something about the way voices are being handled in 1.7 that seems to be causing both the clicks AND the lost notes. This may just be superstition though. I don’t know.

1 Like

I quite agree with thephatconductor

I’ve always had more or less clicks with the Tracker
but the clicks I describe above seem to have appeared with v1.7
so I’m thinking more in terms of the way notes are retriggered (and therefore potentially related to lost notes issue as well)

EDIT: I’m continuing the discussion in the thread dedicated to click problems.

After analysing the issue, the problem here is that “lost notes” are actually Envelopes in Instrument Automation that are skipped (not triggered) during playback. The notes which are “lost” have Cutoff = 0, and when Cutoff Envelope isn’t triggered this results in silence. The fix will be included in the next update.

4 Likes

@here I’m happy to let you know the hotfix Tracker 1.7.1 firmware update is available and fixes this issue. Thanks for reporting it and let us know if you’re happy with the solution.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.