Chromatic tuner / Spectral analysis for Sample Tuning

What is the problem?

Tuning samples is currently a by ear thing only and may not be as accurate as one may hope. Some users may even use external tools to tune their samples.

What do you want to achieve?

It would be useful to have some sort of visual feedback for the purpose of determining the pitch of samples. A chromatic Tuner for example. Another solution would be some sort of spectrum analysis tool, this could allow functionality far beyond simple tuning,

Are there any workarounds?

Tune by ear or use another device or DAW to tune.

Any links to related discussions?

–

Any references to other products?

–

14 Likes

Hey @jayeff, i reformatted your request so it is inline with our wish-template. I hope it still represents your initial wish.

I’ve set the Focus on the Chromatic Tuner, since that is far more likely to be accepted than a spectral analysis suite on the tracker :wink:

4 Likes

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think it makes a lot of sense to have a tuner in the tracker mini, since you’ll be on the go, and won’t have the tools that you have in your home, or studio.

Some of us use the OG on-the-go…

Just had the same thought and checked to see if anyone else had requested it.
Would love to have a built in chromatic tuner to quickly check the note of a sample within the tracker.
Especially for sampling a melodic sound directly into the built in mic.
Please add to the wishlist for future updates, thanks Polyend!!

1 Like

Even simpler, why not just pitch detection in the sampler screen like we have on MPC ?

Agree, Deluge also does this well by defaulting pitch based on sample analysis

shouldn’t we edit this wish a bit to reflect it could also be a “pitch detection” on the sampler edit view ?

I think automatic pitch detection would be really awesome, but tuner would be also fine:-)