Tracker+ stuck on loading last project (booting)

Bug Description

When I power on the Tracker+ I see “Opening last project”. It is stuck here and never loads. I just received my Tracker+ a few hours ago. I loaded the latest 1.0.1 beta firmware on it. I made a track. now when I boot it, it never fully boots up.

Reproduction Steps

1. Press power

Occurrence

Always

Found in

go to Config > Firmware page on your device and copy version / build numbers below

• Version: 1.0.1 beta
  • Build: [example 345]

Attachments

Hey @teknobryan, do you have a PC nearby where you could plug the SD card into?

I erased the SD and then reloaded the factory SD card and now it works. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again.

2 Likes

Hi @teknobryan. Thank you for reaching out about this. I’m glad it’s all sorted out.
I’m closing this topic :slight_smile:

Sorry this is not solved, the same issue occured to me. It was about the third time i turned on the tracker+. I didnt see any instructions how this could be fixed so i tried to download the sd card content to replace the original sd card contents.

Unfortunately the download kept stopping in mid download. It took so long that I have not been able to test to see if it works after replacing the files.

Sandroid on discord told me to erase the workspace directory and i wished i knew that when it happened, so if anyone experiences this bug maybe try that?

So what you are saying is, that after regular use and turning off the tracker…

and then eventually turning it back on. You can’t start the tracker as it is stuck trying to load the last project?

2 Likes

Yes

The next time this happens. Please zip up the Workspace folder on the SD Card and share it with us :heart:

1 Like

This has just happened to me for the first time tonight after I added a few more sample folders.
When I put it back in the Plus, It never got past the boot screen/loading last project.

Anyway I was able to access the content when I connected the SD to the iPad via the card reader.
I had a copy of the entire card on my Mini, bar one new track I was working on with the Plus

So I backed up the contents to the iPad, copied the newest track onto the Mini’s card then put it into the Plus.
After having to reconfigure my midi settings, It loaded and played back no worries.

I also for curiosity sake, put the Plus (the problem card) into the Mini, and the Mini did the exact same thing.
It froze on the loading screen and like the Plus has to be powered off and restarted. So the Mini’s card works perfectly in both machines, the Plus cards now works in neither.

Yeah, this happens to me randomly too on latest 1.0.1. I get stuck while trying to open a project, then I restart the Tracker+ and it stays stuck on project loading (the bar is like 1%) and I have to leave it alone for at least a full minute before I can use the device. If I can figure out which project it was, I’ll try uploading a copy next time.