What is the problem?
- Currently the Tracker & Mini do provide USB MIDI Class Compliant functionality as a device. Which allows connection to hosts.
- Paradoxically, the simplest use case of connecting a USB-only MIDI keyboard or controller can quickly become complicated, requiring MIDI host adapters, which themselves need power.
- Especially for the Tracker mini which does not have performance controls, it would be convenient to have USB MIDI Class Compliant host functionality from the same USB-C port.
What do you want to achieve?
- The USB-C port on the top of the unit should be capable of hosting USB MIDI devices
- In case it interferes with the existing USB port’s audio/midi device functionality, there could be a switch & reboot feature in the settings at worst.
Are there any workarounds?
- Use a controller device with DIN or TRS MIDI
- Use a MIDI-host adapter.
Any links to related discussions?
Anyone using external controller to play the Tracker mini
USB MIDI unavailable (possible host/client issue or Android 13)
Any references to other products?
Teenage Engineering OP-Z
Did a little cleanup, hope that’s ok.
Hi yes no pb, actually very welcome thanks (English is not even my 2nd language ).
Hi @alexandrosroussos , thanks for your contribution. Unfortunately, this wish doesn’t align with design direction for this product(s).
I understand, I don’t realize how hard it is to implement and what’s the cost in the hardware resources.
I hope the [existing wishes for inputing notes directly on the mini without an external controller will go through
By the way, the two were validated, maybe it would be interesting to see how they could be grouped into one.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.