Live-Recording directly on the Mini

Currently it is not possible to enter any notes in Live-Rec Mode directly on the Mini.
While it’s obviously impossible to create a melodic part this way, it still should be possible to lay down the rhythmic progression, even if it just pastes C’s

What is the problem?

Live recording is only available using an external keyboard or midi controller.

What do you want to achieve?

The ability to live record quantized or unquantized information (microtiming) without the need for an external controller, thereby making the Tracker Mini more of a standalone unit.

Are there any workarounds?

None. You can only live-record via Jack or USB Midi.

Any links to related discussions?

None

Any references to other products?

None

8 Likes

Hey @keith, welcome to the community! :partying_face:

I’ve taken the liberty to update your wish - which i fully support by the way.

Hope it still reflects your initial intention. :heart:

1 Like

I support this!

There’s something inherently amusing about the idea of rhythmically entering paste commands in real time record mode too. It just tickles me for some reason.

2 Likes

Thanks @Sandroid - that’s a lot more succinct than what I wrote.
Much appreciated!

2 Likes

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Voted :fire:

I’ve been thinking about this too - at the very least being able to test out a sound while the pattern is running would be very useful. Perhaps some kind of mode could be toggled where the top row of 7 buttons could be used as a simple keyboard?

1 Like

Nice idea. I’d vote for that!

Vote :grinning:

@villariba , to make your vote count, you need to click the vote box on the top left corner of this page. Everyone can vote up to 10 wishes.

2 Likes

@Keith Isn’t the also validated wish by @Pizza2047 hereafter kinda the same request but more specific on how it would be implemented ? Maybe it’s worth grouping the threads to cumulate the votes

Of course both @Keith (who was first to request that) and @Pizza2047 (who proposed an implementation) have much merit and should get credit for their contribution. Just thinking a grouped wish could be on top the votes top 5 :slightly_smiling_face:

I totally agree. @Pizza2047 's suggestion is so much better than mine. I don’t know how to group threads together though.

1 Like

I don’t think we can combine them. That’d be up to the mods and I guess they’ve kept it separate for a reason. For now I think it’s just best to make sure we’ve all voted for both, haha :person_shrugging:t2:

Yes, there is actually a very specific reason. One wish is about note entry in general, while this one is about live recording. :blush:

1 Like

That’s absolutely correct. In my mind I was thinking of both ideas being combined so the @Pizza2047’s note entry could be done live which would be incredibly useful.

1 Like