The Tracker is not dead. 1.7 is coming soon

@dan.apeks just a collateral comment. The bug has been fixed and now everyone can see all the declined wishes.

I personally hope this contributes a little bit to update the conversations (not here, in other places) about Polyend’s transparency. Compared to its competitors and the default expectations in the music industry, I think Backstage is a very good example of communication and collaboration (within limits, sure). Then again, I’m biased. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks guys! I am really happy Tracker support and development is alive given its age. Cannot wait for the new stuff in 1.7 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brill thank you @icaria36 - much appreciated. Love the Backstage community, a vast improvement on the GitHub, agree with you re: Polyend too!

6 Likes

Hey @mitch. I am planning a tutorial atm for single cycle waveform and mixing it with the wavetable smoother to create some funky sounds. I am trying to figure out if i should hold off making this one for the 1.7 release? or do some magic in the mean time to mimic what the zero crossing indicator will look like?

Check out my wish on draft wishes. Splitting stereo tracks into separate mono tracks, choosing which channel to import.
If we get enough votes, maybe polyend will implement this.

1 Like

Just to save people clicks, that is Import stereo samples as 2 mono samples (still in draft, to be reviewed by Polyend).

1 Like

me: “i hope this doesn’t get rid of some of the essential glitches and clicks in my dubtechno and idm-ish tracks”
also me: “I suppose I’d be pushing it to ask for a “don’t remove clicks” option”

1 Like

Can’t wait! :slight_smile:

Never thought Tracker would be dead - it’s too popular! Looking forward to your releases and hopefully making nice tutorials on it!

5 Likes

Can we get line start at 00, without hexadecimal? Like OctaMed & Protracker on the Amiga?

Every 4th note landing on an odd number makes no sense to me!

I have the OG and mini on pre order! Can’t wait

7 Likes

Hi @chris.silcock and anyone else interested, please complete this draft for the #wishlist: Line start at 00.

2 Likes

would you mind explaining this? i dont understand how there was an effect on an audio workstation that was designed to be so subtle that it had no perceptible audible effect, especially when the UI displays changes of plus or minus 12db.

2 Likes

Actually I’d also don’t worry too much about some clicks and pops or subtle EQ,Comp work.
I’d better prefer to have per channel reverb/delay fx and more algorithm of those.
I think it’s most thing I like to add to.
This and possibility to have fixed screens in pattern: like scrolling by click 16 lines, next 16 lines, next… etc.
It would be way easier to find some fragment in pattern and work in some pattern part.

3 Likes

Thanks very excited for this. Im a big fan of the OG tracker , im intrigued by the mini but cant do without the jog wheel.
Joined to share ideas , bug , improvements ive either come across or experienced.

• ive noticed a crackle auditioning all samples in my sample library , anyone else experience this?
  • sometimes affecting a filter on one sample slot can also sometimes adjust the same on another.

Through using the tracker one feature i think would be a great benefit is to be able to place a cursor at a point in the pattern page and play that section (highlighted) only. for longer patterns when making detailed rhythms it might help to not have to keep pressing shift play and relocating to the desired position. Say for instance you are working on steps 64 - 72 of a 128 step pattern.

Thanks Polyend.

1 Like

Hey welcome to the Polyend community kingstogie! I agree with you on the mini that it is the one thing holding me back… yet still puts me on the fence to pre-order.

I’ve never experienced the crackle you mention. Care to explain more or give more details as to what you call “crackling”? I don’t recall anyone up to this point having a similar issue, so it’s indeed curious.

For your second point, I’m not sure what you mean by “sample slot”. Are you referring to different Instruments?

I love your idea for the pattern selection. The ability to shift and highlight a couple of patterns and loop through that selection is an excellent wish in my opinion.

1 Like

See Trying to solve the mystery of clicking/popping on the Tracker

Oh, and this is Looping on parts of a pattern, right? Vote for this wish if you want to see it implemented.

And a suggestion to all newcomers: check the Wishlist and vote for your preferred features. Everyone gets 10 votes. :incoming_envelope:

If the public beta comes , out how do I download them? thanks for the support :blush:

Give them some time everyone :laughing:

They are in between launching a new product and working on firmwares. And last time i checked, there are only X hours a day available. :blush:

Once there is some news… This community will be the first to know.

3 Likes

@marcocampetiello @anon61327920 For beta info, please check other Announcements

2 Likes