I have tried searching here, and looked through the documentation/manual, etc… and still couldn’t find the answer. So I apologize if this has been answered. The few things I have seen say “go to project settings and set root note to whatever your root note you want…” however I cannot find this setting anywhere.
I am trying to figure out how do I limit the notes in the fill to notes in a particular scale.
For instance, if I want to do a fill but only do notes in D major between two octaves - how would I achieve this?
I have tried doing the following fill:
Where - Each
Step - 1
Scale - Major
From - D3
To - D5
In which I would expect the output would be something like this:
D – E – F# – G – A – B – C# – D
However what I end up receiving is. D-E-F-G-A-B-C-D
Apologies , @abridgeman85 I didn’t understand your workaround answer . I would love to understand if there is a workaround here to the FILL randomly across a range within a specific key on the Mini , like you can on the OG .
Do you mean each time you use FILL it fills in notes in C , so just then select all the notes and transpose up/down until you get a key that works ?
That’s right, if it fills in C each time, then pick the scale you’re using (so if in D minor then pick minor), then transpose the notes that are generated up or down until you hit your root note (so if your root is D then move it down two steps)
So the workaround I am doing is ;
Use FILL as per the manual instructions. After doing that , I am then selecting all of the notes in the track and transposing it , as suggested by @abridgeman85 , into the root note of the key I want , by assuming all the FILL notes that have been generated are in C.
So , to get the notes generated by FILL into C# , I just select all the notes in the track and transpose it up (+) by a semi tone.
I just came searching to see if anyone posted about this. I was testing filling random notes in A minor, meaning there should be no sharps, and somehow I ended up with several. Glad to see it’s not just me and I’m not missing something obvious. I basically followed the workaround @abridgeman85 mentioned and that worked, but something tells me this is a bug.