Mini MIDI Keyboard

Just found out about this!!! Amazing!!! Count me in for a pre built unit. Such a clever solution.

1 Like

Just here to throw my support after reading this thread. Very inspiring.

1 Like

I appreciate you wanting to make some little cases for these, but to me these seem more like a ā€œnice to haveā€ than an essential and I donā€™t want anything to hold up the roll out of these keyboards for the Mini! Just my ignorant opinion though, so feel free to ignore!

1 Like

Maybe late to ask, but wouldnā€™t a single knob on the right side also be useful on this ? That would bring back a lot of the workflow of the bigger Tracker.

That would let scroll through the timeline/menus and play with FX more naturally than with the buttons.

1 Like

That is a good idea, however thereā€™s only so much we can control with MIDI alone.
Also my intent was to not duplicate any controls that already exist on the Mini (like the d-pads or ++ ā€“ buttons) and to follow the simple design ethos.
This really ties into the other thread about open source - Open-source / Community firmware - If Polyend decides to make more ā€œhooksā€ for external control by midi cc then extra buttons and dials make more sense.

1 Like

Thanks.
And yes, it is definitely a nice-to-have add-on, but donā€™t worry, it is not slowing down the train.
Hardware development just happens to take more time than I had hoped.

3 Likes

would order soon :blush:

1 Like

Omg this is amazing. Will buy when released.

1 Like

Next up, can you make a battery attachment for the Play and Tracker+? :star_struck:

2 Likes

And speakers too :star_struck:

No seriously. LOL Pretty please? An attachment that hooks into the usb c port, allowing passthrough but also that places a battery on the back would be so sick.

(Do we know if thereā€™s enough space in the existing tracker to put a battery inside?)

@SeanMichaelJohnston Count me in for one as well!
For my own projects I am wondering, if you can share, which injection molding service did you settle on? PCBA?
Thank you.

This is a wonderful concept.

1 Like

The plastics are being 3d printed locally.
The PCBs are coming from PCBWay.

Ah I thought you went the low-volume injection molding way for a tracker-like EVA foam soft case. Thank you for sharing.
Flexible resin with SLA?

@SeanMichaelJohnston just curious any worthy updates you can share ? Following this topic for the past two months 2 months. Hoping to see a release soon! :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m working with some local (Texas) printers to iron out the details with the beta units.
The cases are Nylon (MJF printed). The keys and buttons are SLA.

The toughest part is getting all the parts to look right and fit well and for the keys to perform like a keyboard should.

If all goes well Iā€™d like to have the first batch of 50 ready before Christmas :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes