Freezes when selecting samples

I created a sequence, then decided to add some more samples. At this moment the sequence was playing, at some point Play froze and made a continuous sound.

Reproduction Steps

1. The device froze when I clicked “load wav”

Occurrence

This has already happened, and is happening at the time of sample selection. But not always.

Found in

go to Config > Firmware page on your device and copy version / build numbers below

• Version: [example 1.4.2]
  • Build: [example 345]

Attachments

simply drag and drop to upload or paste links to:
photos, short videos, and project folder (.zip format only)

1 Like

Hello @dinoel.volro,
I’m sorry you’re having problems with our gear. I’m more than happy to investigate this issue, but I need some more specifics. Could you please upload a zip file with the project, the samples you were trying to use, and the settings?

Exact reproduction steps would be useful too. :slight_smile:

hello @dinoel.volro do you still need assistance? Could you respond to my previous message?

Blockquote
I’m sorry you’re having problems with our gear. I’m more than happy to investigate this issue, but I need some more specifics. Could you please upload a zip file with the project, the samples you were trying to use, and the settings?

Exact reproduction steps would be useful too. :slight_smile:

Half of my projects from the previous firmware do not load, now I can’t figure out which one I need…

Hi @dinoel.volro, could you please upload one of those projects here? It will help us analyse the issue faster and hopefully resolve it. Thanks for your support!

I already uploaded the project, in another post, almost immediately after the latest firmware appeared. I rarely turn on Play lately because I’m not confident in it. Errors happen all the time…

1 Like

Is the project called @@@RAVE the correct one? I’m asking because that is a Tracker project from the looks of it.

Yes that’s right.
I don’t have Tracker, only Play

Can you comment on all this somehow?

@dinoel.volro Still investigating, keep in mind for future bug reports, the more info and reproduction steps you provide. The better we can investigate it. :slight_smile:

In this case, it might be related to loading samples that exceed a certain amount of characters. Some of the samples in your project look like they exceed 32 characters. But again, not much info to go on, so we can’t say for certain if the issue you’re having is the same or a different one.

Hi @dinoel.volro , I’ll jump in here.

The other issue Specific project(s) made in previous version freeze while loading is separate to this one, and as we said there, we are looking into it and hopefully will have a fix ready soon :slight_smile:

As for this issue, we cannot reproduce it. Having exact test data would help us find the problem faster and possibly help you out by delivering a fix in the next release:

1. You say a sequence/project was playing: do you have that project? If so, please consider uploading it
  2. You say you wanted to load some samples: do you have those samples? If so, please consider uploading them also

This is all part of your guidelines How to report bugs. Please take some time to read them. This will help us make the bug reporting and fixing more efficient for us and yourself :slight_smile:

Thanks for your support and patience!

I believe this was wrong assumption, internally I uploaded a wrong project and it caused this confusion. I’m sorry about this. Now we have the correct project, but as said in my previous comment — this is only relevant to the other bug report mentioned there (Specific project(s) made in previous version freeze while loading). Just wanted to point this out, no need for further discussion on that topic here :slight_smile: