Dual Mono Option for Passthrough Line In Audio

(First time? See Writing a good feature request)

It would be great if there was an option in (Config → General → Line in channel) to turn the Line In to Dual Mono, meaning Left Mono and Right Mono at the same time.

What is the problem?

Right now i can only use the left and the right channel of the line in for 2 synth at the same time when i use it in stereo. If i do so, i have one synth on the left ear and one on the right ear in the mix. In my setup i have a drummachine and a synth. With stereo my drum machine is only on one ear and the synth on the other ear.

The other option we have right now is to either use Left Mono or Right Mono at a time, not both at the same time, center in the mix. that means only one mono synth etc. at a time.

What do you want to achieve?

I would want Mono Left and Mono Right at the same time.

The Solution is to have an option ( Config → General → Line in channel ) to turn stereo into dual mono. 2 independent mono channels, with ideally 2 individual channels in the mixer to adjust the levels and individual sends for reverb and delay for both of them.

Are there any workarounds?

Using an external Mixer.

Any links to related discussions?

unknown

Any references to other products?

Digitakt has this option.

2 Likes

Hey @merlin, i think this wish already exists:

Please vote on the existing wish, if that is what you intended. And let me know, so i could close this as a possible duplicate.

Hi @Sandroid,

this is not at all what i mean. sorry if i did not get my point across.

i am not talking about the sample recorder. i am talking about the line in for external synths, drum machines etc. to play them through the tracker, not to sample them.

Right now i can only use the left and the right channel of the line in for 2 synth at the same time when i use it in stereo. If i do so, i have one synth on the left ear and one on the right ear in the mix. In my setup i have a drummachine and a synth. With stereo my drum machine is only on one ear and the synth on the other ear.

The other option we have right now is to either use left or right at a time, not both at the same time in mono, center in the mix. that means only one mono synth etc. at a time.

I would want Mono Left and Mono Right at the same time.

The Solution is to have an option ( Config → General → Line in channel ) to turn stereo into dual mono. 2 independent mono channels, with ideally 2 individual channels in the mixer to adjust the levels and individual sends for reverb and delay for both of them. I hope i have explained this better now.

Ah ok gotcha now! Apparently i read it too fast and misunderstood. :blush:
Could you update your initial post/wish with that information so that it reflects that information / sound clearer?

1 Like

i have updated it, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

1 Like