Dedicated MIDI in/out channels for synths

Assign dedicated MIDI in & out channels for the synths.

What is the problem?

MIDI In

All MIDI input is directed at the “working instrument”. It would be nice to be able to assign dedicated MIDI channels to each synth.

Midi Out

It is not possible to send out MIDI notes sequenced for the synths.

What do you want to achieve?

MIDI In

Be able to play/sequence the synths from external gear.

Midi Out

Send (at least) the note events that are sequenced on the Play+ per synth (CC for macro values would be neat as well). This would be useful for playing the same with other, external synth or triggering external gear (e.g. envelopes for effects that are applied in a DAW to the USB audio from the synth).

Are there any workarounds?

Not that I know of.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

The medusa allows this. Maybe also the Digitone?

2 Likes

Yes, makes sense. I have change the title and part of the description accordingly. Can you inegrate the separate section into the description, please? Also, I have removed the use of first person following the Wishlist guidelines.

I did my best now :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is just what I was about to wish and I hope that Polyend will take this in serious consideration
as I don’t see why the MIDI IN is limited to a Single channel only, the PLAY + now could well be use as proper external gear with the 3 Synths on board and even if it has a powerful sequencer it can be use in a large project maybe driven by an external sequencer or DAW and especially on a Live gig situation where say the Drum pattern part is still written internally but the synths are being played from outside the box.

@here Thanks for your contribution, the wish is now ready for voting! :slight_smile:

The only question that came to mind :face_with_peeking_eye:
Why would you want to sequence this externally, when you already have the best sequencer in the world ,aka Play, at your fingertips? :boom: :grin:

2 Likes