Select MIDI-out for each audio track

Add the ability to select a MIDI-out destination for each of the audio tracks. If an output is selected, then note and velocity information, that is recorded on the audio track will be transmitted to the selected output. In contrast to the existing MIDI tracks, no CC tweaking will be possible, since the knobs are used for audio tracks. Also, in contrast to the existing MIDI tracks, these tracks would be monophonic. The existing beat fill functions would work with MIDI as well.

What is the problem?

Currently there is no MIDI data transmitted from the audio tracks.

What do you want to achieve?

To effectively double the number of available MIDI tracks to 16.

Are there any workarounds?

Not to my knowledge.

Any links to related discussions?

Have not found similar discussions.

Any references to other products?

Squarp Hapax.

2 Likes

So simple and elegant wish. Thank you!

Hi @femtopoint , thanks for your wish. We can approve it for voting, but with strict limitation: all events would be sent with Note/Step Length = 1 and only with Note+Velocity information. Ready for voting! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Your restrictions make sense. My suggestion was basically just to emit the MIDI-data which (I believe) is already stored in the audio sequencer and emit that through the MIDI-out. Even with the restrictions you mention, it would make the Play an even more formidable MIDI-sequencer with up to 16 note tracks. Fingers crossed this gets implemented! :slight_smile:

1 Like