Automatic restart after MMC stop message following a CC41 to CC48 control change message in performance mode

Bug Description

The Tracker will automatically restart if it receives a MMC stop message following a CC41 to CC48 (performance mode track selection) control change message before the pattern change is completed. In other words, if the “Track 1 Patt:” text in performance mode is still flashing red when a MMC stop message is received, the Tracker will automatically restart.

Reproduction Steps

1. Connect the Tracker to a second device.

2. Configure MIDI settings as follows:

For connection via USB:

Clock in: USB
Clock out: Off
Transport in: USB
Transport out: Off
Notes in: Off
Notes in channel: ALL
MIDI out: Off
CC in: USB
CC in channel: ALL
Middle C: C-5
Clock sync correction: 0

For connection via the MIDI In jack:

Clock in: MIDI In jack
Clock out: Off
Transport in: MIDI In jack
Transport out: Off
Notes in: Off
Notes in channel: ALL
MIDI out: Off
CC in: MIDI In jack
CC in channel: ALL
Middle C: C-5
Clock sync correction: 0

1. Switch to performance mode.

2. Send a MMC play message to the Tracker.

3. Send a CC41 control change message with a value of 1 to the Tracker.

4. Send a MMC stop message to the Tracker while the “Track 1 Patt: 2” text in performance mode is still flashing red.

The Tracker will automatically restart within a couple of seconds.

Occurrence

Bug is always reproducible. Tested using Renoise with the Tracker connected via USB to my computer and also via the MIDI In jack from the Dirtywave M8.

Found in

• Version: 1.7.0
  • Build: 533

Hi @cc960370ac1a421f98df , sorry you’re experiencing this issue. We’ll try to fix and and inform you when we have a solution. Thanks for your support

1 Like

@cc960370ac1a421f98df I’m glad to inform that this bug was fixed in the latest 1.8.0 firmware update. :slight_smile: Thank you for your help, and contribution.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad I could help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.