Wish: Song mode arrangement labels

To assist in arranging songs, add a left-most column on the Song page where rows and/or groups of rows could be labelled with a standardized set of arrangement labels, like Logic Pro offers Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Outro, etc.

What is the problem?

Since patterns are limited to 128 steps, I can’t have one pattern-per-song-part in Song view. This makes it difficult to track which Patterns belong to an intro, verse, chorus or bridge part of the song.

What do you want to achieve?

Make it easier to identify which Patterns belong to which song ‘part’ (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, outro, etc)

Are there any workarounds?

Not really—my workaround leads to ‘bad’ behavior: I end up increasing my patterns to their maximum 128-step length in order to reduce the amount of total Slots used in Song mode, so that it’s easier to keep track of which patterns belong to which song part. An alternative to this solution MAY be to increase max step length to 512, but that seems to be ‘improving’ in the wrong direction.

Any links to related discussions?

Nope, checked.

Any references to other products?

Logic Pro, or any system which lets you ‘label’ scenes/patterns with traditional song parts.

:wave: thanks for you wish. Wouldn’t this be covered with the following wish?

2 Likes

Yes @Sandroid i think that would work just fine, also. While it’s not the same approach, it would supply a satisfactory way to solve my problem. Thanks for digging it up!

1 Like