Ability to name patterns

Ability to name patterns.

What is the problem?

In Tracker, you can’t name a pattern. If you have a bunch of them to arrange a song you can get lost easily. You could name it as “intro” “bridge”, etc. And the names could appear in the song page. I think that Pattern+Rec buttons are not used and it would be a great combo.

What do you want to achieve?

Name patterns. When you copy/paste maybe use the same name with an .01, .02 for variations of the same pattern. These new could be visible in the song mode page.

Are there any workarounds?

No

Any references to other products?

Digitone allows to name patterns.

13 Likes

Hi, feel free to edit and sorry for the english!

Great wish, simple, and infinitely helpful. Just one thing - you included two wishes. The guidelines say to stick to only one wish per post. Please consider splitting the post into two separate wishes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will do it ASAP

1 Like

Done! The tracker has a workflow so perfect that is difficult to find things to improve. What I miss the most is a better song mode… But I’m in love with this machine.

6 Likes

@ameliagagarin Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would love this!

1 Like

This would be so useful! :star_struck: I’m missing this coming from an MPC workflow.

1 Like

I just opened a project with many patterns after some time again and it really takes some time to recall what is happening. Pattern names could really improve this!

I second this, my songs are pretty complex.
Right now, I’m copying patterns to 50/100+ and put it there in sequence order. So it will save a lot in the workflow. Also please allow track naming too.

Track naming is already implemented. Go to the master mixer view and hit the record button.

1 Like

Oh! I didnt know that :smiling_face: many thanks for the tip :+1:t2:

Really good suggestion I would love this feature, I have recently added the Tracker to my live set up and this would really make all the difference especially when you use it with Elektron boxes/other gear, which I’m sure a lot of people do. It’s such a great companion for my Syntakt but organizing a live set with it is proving to be a bit of a task, even it is limited to 3 spaces you could do A1-16 then B1-16 that would make a HUGE difference and leave some more brain processing power for the fun off the cuff stuff.

Well this is actually already (in a limited form) possible. You can switch to HEX mode and then start with pattern A0 and there you have A0-A9, B0-B9, …

1 Like

@here I’m happy to inform that this wish was granted in the latest 1.8.0 firmware upgrade. :slight_smile:
Thank you for helping us to improve the Tracker!

4 Likes

Thank you very much. Is a very useful feature!

1 Like

Yeah, this is really great, thank you folks! :star_struck:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.