When I change pattern length, then switch to a new pattern and switch back, the updated pattern length isn’t saved

Bug Description

I have pattern 1 that is 16 steps and I extend the length of the pattern to 64 steps by copying and pasting 16-step sections while holding the shift key on a track. Then I go to pattern mode and switch to pattern 2, then back to pattern 1. The pattern length is 16 steps again like it was before I made the changes. The new pattern length should save automatically.

Reproduction Steps

1. Create pattern 1 and pattern 2
  2. Extend pattern 1 by pressing shift, and holding the 16 button to copy, then pasting to 32, 48, and 64
  3. Go to pattern view and switch to pattern 2, then back to pattern 1
  4. Pattern 1 is 16 steps long again instead of 64

NOTE: If you extend pattern 1 length by using “Track Length” to extend and just putting in new notes manually, this bug does not happen. The length saves properly.

Occurrence

bug is reproducible always

Found in

go to Config > Firmware page on your device and copy version / build numbers below

• Version: 1.4.2
  • Build: 1297

Attachments

I have a similar issue. I have a 64 step track and copy the first 16 steps 4x. I hit save and play and everything is fine; there are 64 steps. Then I go to pattern mode to copy that track several times to new slots. As soon as I go to the new copied pattern, it reverts back to 16 steps instead of 64 steps. All of the copied patterns AND the original are back at 16 steps. If I try to repeat this and copy the steps again, the same thing happens as soon as I try to copy to new slots in pattern mode. A hard save using the file menu does not help.

Seems like it only happens when I go directly from copying the 16 steps to copying the pattern but more testing is needed to prove that. I was not able to reproduce the issue if I selected some different samples and placed them in the grid.

I am using the Play + with 1.0.1 firmware.

@david.abramovich Thank you for reporting this issue.
We are aware of this bug and we will do our best to resolve it and notify you when it’s ready.
I’m closing this topic. Let’s move the discussion to the initial report: Quick copying Step Pages (16,32,48,64) doesn't get saved to current pattern after switching to another one

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.