Use Tracker og as controller for the Tracker mini

Hello, I have a Tracker and the Tracker Mini. Now I’m wondering if it’s possible to control the Tracker Mini with the Hardware of the original Tracker ( Like a Controller). That way you’d have the buttons and the usual dial as well as the CPU performance of the tracker plus. I think that would be a great integration for everybody who got both devices.

3 Likes

Hey @plasmapete , welcome to Backstage! :partying_face:

Currently that is not possible. But i really like that idea as well and told this to Polyend during the early days of the Mini. Maybe it is time we create an official wish in Draft wishes for that! :blush:

A similar was made so that the Play could be used as a controller for the Mini, but it is missing traction:

1 Like

Great minds think alike as I have had this on my mind for quite some time. Personally as much as I like the Mini, I have spent so much time with the OG Tracker, that moving navigation from the right hand (jog-wheel) to the left hand (direction pads), I was never able to obtain the “flow” that I had with the Tracker.

With that said, now with the Tracker+ is out, it’s a bit less of a desire as I can now have all the bells and whistles in the Bigger format :slight_smile: but for the general user that has both a Mini and an OG, I think this would be a lovely improvement!

3 Likes

Thanks for the mention, Sandroid!

Yes, for some reason the Wish did not get popular :man_shrugging:

If they at least did Full MIDI CC Implementation for both devices, it would be awesome!
In this case, we would be able to set the controls ourselves, both MIDI In and Out.

1 Like

I’m the opposite to you. my brain is stuck on using left hand for navigation. I find mini much easier than the OG cause of this. it’s lucky we have both innit :smile::+1:

1 Like