Undo sample load

When trying to find the right sound for an instrument, Tracker users spend a lot of time browsing their sample library during playback while previewing multiple instruments. It would be nice to have either a “load previous” or “undo” function to make process more streamlined and easier to A/B an instrument.

If we choose wrong we have to find the previous sample, load it back and go back to place we paused our browsing in samples tree.

Would be easy just to press Undo or Load Prev button. That would load previous sample without leaving current samples sub-folder in tree.

Are there any workarounds?

Yes. To copy previous instrument to another slot before overwriting it.
But it requires more keys pressing before and after overwriting - copy instrument , move to empty slot, paste it and go back to instrument we want to change.
If we want to undo or compare them again we have to go to slot with an instrument copy, copy it, go back to instrument I’ve changed and paste a copy.
And repeat it again and again, more sound comparisons we want = more repetition we have.
Very often there is no empty slot available near for a copy.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

Hey @pitmast thanks so much for you wish :slight_smile:

If you don’t mind, could you please tidy up your wish following the Writing a good feature request guidlines? Particularly, the first paragraph should be a summary of your wish. Also if you could refrain from writing in the first-person, it makes the wish sound much more like a community wish rather than a personal request.

Thanks and all the best!

Thanks for cleaning up the wish. I still found that the opening paragraph did not explain what the goal of the wish was. I took a stab at it. Let me know what you think. :slight_smile:

@dan.lgrnd, thanks for your help

My pleasure. Thanks again for the wish!

@here Thanks for your contribution, the wish is now ready for voting! :slight_smile:

1 Like