Tracker Firmware 1.8.0!

hi!

I wanted to say I am having success importing old .mod files
and i am noticing 4 main points immediately that I didn’t find in writing.

1.: old tick per line settings are ignored because of the way tempo works on the polyend tracker.
the TXXX tempo is basically always twice too fast for the original tracks.
so before playback I delete old tempo commands and set song BPM for exactly half the tempo.
if I want shuffle I just the shuffle effect. it is possible to put a shuffle command on every line or also TXXX tempo command but I haven’t done that yet. unfortunately but understandably this isn’t a compatible feature. but I can’t really complain.

2: all protracker / it style J47 arpeggios don’t work at all, but can be replaced with polyend tracker style midi chord / arp effect arpeggios. this could technically take place on import, if the devs would make it happen? would be super rad as it is a ton of work to program in step by step.

1. sample offset 9 is polyendtracker P position command I find is also seemingly always exactly double the value than old protracker. this could also happen on mod import. now going through old break core line by line and doubling these values in manually.

2. at the end of every .mod I import there are something like 60 instances of pattern 1 added, that aren’t in my original arrangements. so every mod import I have to immediately press “delete” like 60 times in song mode. would be nice if devs could get rid of this. it’s annoying.

3. lastly and the biggest confusion for me and what I can tell from the forum for others:
    all sample names that have weird ascii characters are imported, yet wrongly imported, so I see the wrong kind of ascii character but more uselessly, if I clean up a song and save it as a new project (or .it, doesn’t matter) none of these samples are being stored!
    which makes all the work of reprogramming them, retuning samples get lost.
    the question is perhaps - why even import these characters?
    the good news is if you rename your samples using the auto rename quickly, tracker will save all your samples nicely with your project. if only I would have known sooner!

now I can work on old tracks and with the new zero crossings there are workarounds to making old tracks play that make for a fun and interesting evening with the old songs which weren’t that perfect to begin with either and I enjoy especially turning off the interpolation filter for extra grit.

thank you for this new 1.80 firmware and giving back the .mod import!

cheers!
Karl Marx Stadt

6 Likes