Support for multitimbrality

Support “split keyboard” or multitimbrality in Polyend Tracker for both manual and MIDI notes.

What is the problem?

Polyend tracker has no support for splitting the keyboard / pads into different instruments.

What do you want to achieve?

I want to be able to assign instruments to notes or note ranges, so that I can play different instruments at the same time using the keypads or MIDI.

Examples:

• loading a number of drumkit samples, then assigning each drum sample / instrument to a separate keypad, this would allow me to play the whole drumkit with the keypads or via MIDI
  • having a number of different instruments, assign each to a note range, i.e. assign “Piano” to C2 to B2 range, and “Trombone” to C3 to B3 etc., then I would be able to perform with those instruments at the same time (Split keyboard)

Are there any workarounds?

None.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

1 Like

Very clear and concise wish. Thank you :heart:

Hi @callistixrs , thanks for your wish. After discussing with the team, we are sorry but we decided to make a design decision not to support multitimbrality at this point. We accepted your other wish, Change Instrument via in MIDI Synth Mode and we hope you can still make the Instrument Synth feature useful that way. Thanks for contributing once again and best regards

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.