Step FX for: Automation LFO Amount

Having to possibility to interact with the Instrument Automations LFO amount via a Step FX would open up the modulation landscape of the tracker!

For example, one might want to have a sound with no modulation on one pattern and then have some LFO to filter modulation introduced on another pattern, and then make the amount of this modulation evolve again accross other patterns.

What is the problem?

In the pattern view, it is possible to automate the Volume, Panning, Filter, Position and Finetune LFO rate but not the amount.

Besides, it seems that it is not possible to control the LFO amount via the midi CC (only the shape and speed seems to be available).

What do you want to achieve?

• Having new Step Fx available in the pattern view to allow automating each LFO amount, alongside the LFO Rate Fx.
  • Having midi CC entries allowing the control those LFO amounts would be amazing too.

Are there any workarounds?

You can always edit each parameters individually, but not at the same time.

Any links to related discussions?

–

Any references to other products?

Ableton Live

3 Likes

Hey @djenzar , i’m so sorry. Somehow Discourse ate your request. Now that we found it again. I’ve had a look. There are a couple open wishes regarding LFO.

How similar is your wish to those. I’m just wondering if one of these covers your needs or if we need to rephrase this wish to take into account the differences between the existing wishes.

1 Like

Oh hi @Sandroid! Thanks for your message!

I have checked the wishes you mentioned but it doesn’t seem cover the goal of this “simple” feature request.
The idea here was “only” to get the possibility to automate the amount of an LFO in the sequencer, as it is already possible with its rate, nothing more.

I think it really could add some interesting modulation capabilities to the tracker!

Please let me know if you have any question, I’d be happy to discuss this further!

1 Like

Gotcha, after re-reading, you are absolutely right.
I changed the wording ever so slightly and renamed the wish. Hope that’s ok :blush:

1 Like

Awesome, thank you @Sandroid!

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh nice, thank you @borsuk :star_struck:

Would be great to have this not only for LFOs but for envelopes as well.
If I use a wavetable of a plucked string, more envelope amount means the string was plucked harder and less amount means it was plucked softer. That would bring so much diversity to the wavetable play mode.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is would be great as well! :star_struck: