Shift + Jogwheel to make changes in higher increments

It would be a useful feature to be able to make changes in higher increments if you held shift while using the jogwheel on the Tracker.

For example: if you’ve loaded a 10 second long sample and want to crop out 9 of those seconds, it’s gonna take a lot of jogwheelin’, but if you could hold down shift there’d be a lot less.

Wether the incremental change is a set value of 10, 50, 100, or even a global setting, I think is of less concern as long as the function exists.

What is the problem?

For example, if the user has loaded a 10 second long sample and wants crop out 9 of those seconds, it will take a really long time to spin the jogwheel.

What do you want to achieve?

To speed up the process of scrolling.

Are there any workarounds?

Nope.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

The Arturia Microfreak added this feature in its 4.0 firmware update. The oscillator parameters increment faster when you hold shift, and there’s a global setting that can change it to the other way around.

12 Likes

@here You can now vote for this wish. :slight_smile: Check the ranking of votes on #wishlist.

1 Like

I absolutely need this. I often make granular loops with large grain sizes, and I have to jog the wheel like one minute to have it where I want, then I just give up.

in terms of references to other products, the microfreak added this in a firmware update. there’s a global setting where you can choose if it’s regularly fast and hold shift for smaller adjustments or vice versa

1 Like

@vallam13 Thank you for sharing this information! The wish is a wiki post that anyone can edit. You are invited to click Edit and update the text.

1 Like

Are there any cases, where a jog-function needs shift to be accessed, so that it would conflict?

1 Like

particularly here

like…cmon

I have had another thought about this and it would for instance collide with track mute.
An acceleration based scrolling that increases the increment value the faster you scroll would in my eyes make more sense.

I’d be really interested in a more granular way to tweak values. Maybe with a logarithmic acceleration of values. Say, I wish it could be possible to increment Attack ADSR value by 1 step just by moving slowing the encoder, and, at the same time, if I wanted to change it in a live performance by higher increments, by a bolder rotation of the encoder.

An acceleration based scrolling that increases the increment value the faster you scroll would in my eyes make more sense.

Yes !
I vote for Jog Wheel acceleration recognition

1 Like

How would it clash with it? And I don’t think (though I’m not a programmer) it’s possible to make the pots used react to speed.

Getting the encoder to accelerate is always done in software and does not require special hardware. Polyend could implement this in software rather easily, if there is demand.

@here I’m glad to inform you that this wish was granted in the latest 1.8.0 firmware update :slight_smile:
Thank you for helping us improve the Tracker!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.