Recording the Midi Synthesizer as a sample

The Tracker has the option to play saved instruments with the Midi Synthesizer function. This allows you to play polyphonic and expressive instruments controlled by a midi keyboard or Polyend Play. It would really great to be able to record your own playing via the sample Record page in the Tracker.

What is the problem?

Currently you can noodle away with the Midi Synthesizer but there is no way of recording this live playing directly within the Tracker.

What do you want to achieve?

It would be great to be able to select Midi Synthesizer as an option on the record page (next to Line In or FM Radio) and then record one’s own chords, this would mean we don’t have to program and render chords in the pattern pages, and can capture a more humanized feeling with our playing.

Are there any workarounds?

I think you might be able to play the instrument and then route the audio back into the line in, though you’d need cables and it is not as clean a solution. I don’t think you can play the instrument when clicked on the record page currently.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

Not that I know of - does anyone else have any references?

1 Like

Hi @dan.apeks Thanks for your contribution. Unfortunately, we have to decline your wish because of technical limitations :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.