Randomize notes

With 1.4 now we have the random+ within the fill options. The problem is that this makes random fills. What about if you would like to make an euclidian fill and after that randomize the notes within the scale.

What is the problem?

There’s no way to permanently randomize notes within a track. Only using chance but then they change all the time.

What do you want to achieve?

Be able to be more creative and have more options to use fills with randomize options.

Are there any workarounds?

Not that I know. Chance works but then it keeps changing you can’t save the note change. Also randomize+ helps giving random notes but it changes rhythm.

Any links to related discussions?

Not that I know.

Any references to other products?

The Vermona Melodicer

2 Likes

Just noting that this wish would be covered by this other one more generic, right? Custom Fill Algorithms

Both are still under review. I’m just highlighting their relationship.

They are related, but it depends on how they are implemented.

Fill would create a random fill and also notes. What I’m trying to expose is how to randomize notes without randomize the pattern or rhythm, one contains the other but not otherwise.

It would be helpful to have random notes but also random fill.

1 Like

Custom Fill Algorithms has been declined, which gives an extra reason to push for this draft.

1 Like

@here Thank you for your contribution. Unfortunately, we have to decline your wish, it doesn’t fit our current product design.
You can always use the Randomize = Octave to achieve this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.