Perform Feature Using Midi

There wasn’t wish created, wasn’t it? But anyway, it’s coming to the Play. :slight_smile:

Wait, what? If this is what I think it is, I asked about this and if I recall, not something that could be done. Using the same performance mode on the audio side on the midi side. If so, hell yes!!

I don’t know more than the sentence I quoted, but… you asked in this topic in March (first post), then Mitch said in August that this sounds like a good wish, and in November Mitch writes that “MIDI performance mode” is coming. I hope my “math” is correct. :slight_smile:

I need a tissue. This made my day!

I believe I said a lot of the effects cannot work via MIDI such as reverb and delay as they are audio processes but dont’ remember exactly. We discussed different options instead and what would work. We’ll get creative with MIDI Perform mode as it is in development but don’t expect reverb and delay to be there, it would be impossible!

2 Likes

I’m really really excited to see what this turns into. I don’t use Perform mode very often currently because it leaves the MIDI tracks out. Just having the Tune section work for MIDI would be a total game changer for me but the Re-Arrange and Repeat and whatever other treats the team comes up with will also be a ton of fun. Thanks for listening to us!

I was at a different space mentally on this one at that time. If you said, hey, this can turn on your coffee pot, I’ll take it.

Seriously, all good and thank you.

Can’t wait to try MIDI perform mode out when it’s ready. The Play as a performance/improvisation/composition instrument and Bitwig as a synth station is such a powerful combo.

1 Like