Overlapping octaves in pad note input controller for better playability

@5020780 I like this wish a lot because it finds a problem (contiguous scales in different pages make real-life playing unnecessarily difficult), a missed opportunity (in most situations only 2-3 of the 4 note pages are used), and an elegant solution (overlap scales to make use of the four pages).

I have edited your wish to follow the same names used in the manual, and also to explain the problem better to someone not familiar with it.

The only thing that I would change is this:

Instead of adding a new setting, why not having all scales spread out through the four pages? Page one starts with the first note available, page 4 ends with the last one, and 2-3 are the logical paginations in between. The 7-note scales would have one pagination different than the 5-note scales and both would make the best use of the 4 pages. Maybe a clever programmer can even write a function that spreads the notes across the four pages automatically, so that chromatic and any other scale with other number of notes (including Custom user scales, that can be microtonal if one day is implemented) could be laid out automatically without having to hardcode any value to each scale.

1 Like