Mini MIDI Keyboard

Very dope project. Hopefully it materializes !

5 Likes

Can’t wait for this really… Any idea on a timeline?
Thanks anyway, it’s a fantastic project!

3 Likes

This page has become a regular corner of the internet I keep coming back to check on…
I can’t wait to have one of these beauties permanently on my Tracker Mini. It’s gonna be so awesome!

:Yahoo!:

3 Likes

The electronics and firmware are pretty much ready to go.
We have been busy working on the case and are getting closer to a model for beta testing.

25 Likes

Awesome!!
You guys are doing a great job!

Just quick questions about its battery: have you tested how long does it last and how long does it take to charge?

Thanks!

Nothing very scientific yet, but so far the Tracker Mini runs out of power before the KB1.
When used solely as a midi device, the power draw is very low.
When the speakers are on, the amp draws more power.
Charging is purposely set low (100mA) for safety with the tiny 420mAh battery, so it takes a few hours for a full charge. I’ve been charging the TM more often than the KB1.

6 Likes

I was looking at some compact keyboards for the Mini and stumbled into this post and I am absolutely ready to open my wallet for a prototype! This looks awesome.

Sounds great!!

I think this is what’s gonna make my Tracker Mini usable.

Thank you!

1 Like

With the synth engine updates that are coming to the Mini this keyboard is going to be so sweeeet!!!

2 Likes

Is Polyend supporting you at all with this? So dope. Cant wait!

Was that announced for the tracker mini? I saw that with the tracker +… I just hope they arent going to launch a tracker mini +

Yes!!!
I’m just now trying out the new synth engines with the KB1 prototype pcb.

We’re working to have the case plastics finished soon!

7 Likes

Whaaaat!?

1 Like

You know, that’s a good question… and I don’t really have an answer.
I can say that they responded quickly and delivered early on when I asked for some dimensional drawings before the product had shipped. And the fact that this thread is still active tells me that it is not DISapproved ¯/_ (ツ)_/¯

15 Likes

Do you foresee an expansion to 12 tracks and stereo sampling or is that too pie in the sky?

I really wasn’t expecting what they’ve just added to the Mini. Hard to say sorry!

It’s an awesome project. Is it defined yet the price, how it’s going to be distributed and if it’ll ship in Europe ?

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/GVRnx4Tcu74
around 9:30 he just writes the fx randomly running his finger over the Tracker 2 its buttons.
Will this be possible with your kb?

The mini Keyboard can only communicate through MIDI, so if Polyend has added a way to do that via MIDI commands, then maybe?

This is an open source project and all aspects of the hardware and software will be available on GitHub.
I can say that a kit version for those who want to solder and assemble everything should be under $100.
We have not worked out a price yet for the fully assembled product.
I believe we should be able to ship anywhere, but I don’t know about the logistics of shipping batteries yet.

12 Likes