Merge step data of two (or more) tracks

What is the problem?

• When recording into a track, the notes appear on an adjacent track sometimes.
  • You might for example create a kick and snare on two different tracks and want to merge them
  • Currently when copying from one track to another, all the data gets replaced with the copied data.

What do you want to achieve?

The ability to merge step information from two tracks together. The behaviour should be the following:

• Try to combine/merge the information into the destination
  • Replace empty steps or OFF,CUT,FAD steps with the copied data if there is overlap.

Are there any workarounds?

Edit each step manually.

Any links to related discussions?

Not known

Any references to other products?

Not really. Tracker workflow is unique

1 Like

Hey @paul-8189, iā€™ve taken the liberty to udpate your request in line with our guidelines, i hope that is ok. Cheers :blush:

1 Like

Yes, something like a ā€˜combine tracksā€™ job, which would mix two tracks
together, when above described happensā€¦

1 Like

Hi @Sandroid thank you. The idea is to overwrite blank spaces or ā€˜offā€™, ā€˜cutā€™ etc messages. As the other poster said, merge tracks rather than overwrite.

ā€˜Zackly!

You can also only arm the tracks on which you want to record, so that the notes and off info donā€™t ā€œbleedā€ into other tracks.

1 Like

Sure, but letā€™s say you want to make a decision later of a BD and SD that
you recorded on separate tracks to be on the same.

ā€˜Combine tracksā€™ would be a good addition.

1 Like

Iā€™ve updated the wish to make it a bit more concise. If anyone has any additions please add them as well. :heart:

Perfect, thank you!

@here Thanks for your wish. Itā€™s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

This would be a big time saver

I shown my process for making mono tracker delays and merging tracks together manually. If it had some priority functionality like high velocity > low velocity > CUT/OFF/FAD, overwrite on the first of the selected tracks (2-8 tracks). If it canā€™t choose priority, leave it for the user to manually move it across or have a force merge button.