Make it possible to perform and record audio at the same time

Make it possible to perform and record audio at the same time.

What is the problem?

Right now when you use performance mode there is no way to actually record the track’s audio internally within Tracker.

What do you want to achieve?

I want to be able to perform via performance mode and record the audio output with ability to properly mix the track afterwards.

Are there any workarounds?

Yes, the workaround is to record stereo output with an external recorder. This would actually be great in case it could be possible to record all tracks separately, not collapsed to one stereo track.

Any links to related discussions?

Not sure

Any references to other products?

Most likely the option exists on Elektron boxes through Overbridge and it is also possible to do this on MPCs.

1 Like

Hi @glebsarkisov, is your wish covered by Generate new patterns in Performance mode?

Hey! I would say this is a different thing, though great idea.
Regarding my request, I want to be able to perform, record the output while making a video of my performance. Afterwards it would be great to have option to mix the performance.
There is currently no option within the tracker to use performance mode and record the output.
And other than that it would be awesome to have ability to mix the performance within the tracker.

1 Like

Ah, you mean to record audio for each track, not MIDI. Thank you for the clarification. I have edited the wish to make this detail clear.

1 Like

@glebsarkisov Thanks for your contribution. I feel like this duplicate of Generate new patterns in Performance mode - #11
After that is implemented, you can just export stems and achieve your wish. Please let us know if you agree. Thanks

1 Like

Ok, sounds good to me. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.