Looping multiple patterns in song-mode

Being able to loop multiple (consecutive) patterns instead of one, would be great in some circumstances.

What is the problem?

• Since patterns are only 0x80 in maximum length, no more sequences can be looped in song mode.
  • since only one pattern can be looped in song mode, you have to put the content you want to loop from time to time (e.g. a part to jam over) into a pattern.

What do you want to achieve?

To have a couple of patterns and be able to arrange them freely in song mode and loop parts of them to discover new ideas, jam over them or practice a part of a performance.

Are there any workarounds?

• Copy everything into a single pattern (if there’s not too much content)
  • strip the song down to the essential pattern you want to loop/practice/whatever and rebuild the song from there

Any links to related discussions?

The looping part of a pattern discussion goes in a similar direction:

Any references to other products?

2 Likes

I LOVE this wish. :heart:
I’ve been infact thinking the same thing multiple times already :laughing: , but somehow never made a wish for this!

I’ve also slightly altered the content of your wish :blush: , mainly fixed the URL to the existing/similar wish.

I’ve also considered if live recording across multiple selected patterns would be a good idea. But let’s start small, the ability to loop multiple patterns, would already be a tremendous help for jamming or ideating over a couple patterns.

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

1 Like