How to loop the steps 17-32 or 33-48?

Hi, what A wonderful device. I’m in love! I just miss 1 thing to go completely crazy:
I guess I have tried every possible combination with shift and without…
I would like to compose a whole song like I was used to do it with a tracker (on a PC). Here is what’s stopping me:
I wish … no I would say I need to have the option to start playing the track at 32 or 48 or 64. Even better would be an option to loop those tracks.
Is noone else asking for this?

Hey @Fabian-W :wave: , welcome to the community! :partying_face:

I’m not sure i understand your question entirely:

• Are you asking how to make longer patterns - go beyond 16 steps?
  • Or are you asking how to create loopable sections within a 64 steps pattern?
1 Like

Hey @Fabian-W, welcome to Backstage! Great to have you here :slight_smile:

This functionality currently does not exist, but I actually created a wish that would do exactly that! You can find it here Set the starting step of a track

My workaround (which doesn’t cover all user cases) is to use multiple patterns. So if I wanted to loop from step 32 to 48, I’ll copy those steps and then paste them in another pattern.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome :slight_smile:
@Sandroid , I mean " loopable sections within a 64 steps pattern"
@dan.lgrnd ,perfect to see that I’m not the only one looking for a solution as well as a workaround for now.
Thanks! I voted at the provided link.
But now, after looking around in the this forum, I already found another one on the wishlist, with 60 votes already. So please vote here to have many votes which lead to implementation:
Looping on parts of a pattern

1 Like

Ah yeh, be careful folks. One wish is for the Play and the other one is for the Tracker :wink:

Good catch Sandroid! @Fabian-W you posted this question with the “Play” tag however the link you attached was for a Tracker wish. What’s kinda funny is that reading your original question it makes perfect sense in the context of both the Tracker and Play :upside_down_face:

If you wouldn’t mind, could you confirm what product we’re talking about?

1 Like

Oh yes, you are right. I was looking at the wrong tag.
I’ve bought the Play. I don’t have the Tracker device. (Simply have spent my childhood with Fasttracker and Renoise :slight_smile:

So I’m looking for a solution for the Play.

The recommended workaround takes a lot of extra steps. Seems like I can copy rows to other pattern but when bringing them back to where I need them (e.g. track 17-32) I can’t paste them in place, only at 1-16. This makes the workaround unusable.

Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:
I feel for you and that is one of the reasons I created the wish for the Play. Thanks for the vote and fingers crossed that it’s implemented one day. I’m still so convinced that it would be such a killer feature for the Play

I’m not 100% sure I understand what you want to achieve. But can’t this be done with either variations or simply by having different patterns – and then switch between those in the same way you would switch between 1-16, 33-48, etc.? I think especially variations are very suitable for this. But, again, I might have misunderstood what you want to do.

The oxi one, which in certain ways reminds me of Play, has a loop function inside the pattern if I remember, you can choose two points and it loops between them.