Help testing bug with macOS +Tracker+

I am curious if anyone else with a MacBook Pro M3 has been experiencing crashes of their laptop while the Tracker+ is connected to it (OFF) over USB-C.

I tend to leave my PT+ connected to my laptop over USB-C, and pretty much daily (usually over night, or 4+ hours of it Sleeping) when i open up my MacBook Pro M3, i find that it crashed and forced a reboot to occur.

I think I’ve isolated the issue to the connected PT+ thru trial and error this last week…but would love to know if anyone else has experienced this sort of issue with their setup.

Many thanks and any advice or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers :facepunch:t3::heartpulse::level_slider:

Hi @policarpo , thanks for your report. Please use the provided template when logging a bug here. Otherwise, we don’t have a M3 in house at the moment, so we can’t confirm this issue. Are you still having problems? We haven’t encountered similar issues with other computers so far. Please let us know. Thank you for your support!

@policarpo any update on this?

Yeah I reported this issue in a ticket 5 days ago, but with the Play+ which I assume is the audio device stack. No response…

It ground the computer to a halt which I’ve never seen before. Now macOS doesn’t even recognize the device at all, even after multiple restarts (both computer and Play).

Audio Device integration is the only reason I got the +. If I don’t get any response then I have no choice but to return it.

(New Mac Studio with M2 Max, Sonoma.)

I made a bug report here

I am closing this topic as there is no reply from original poster. @nathan.rightnour we will track your issue in the bug report you created. Thanks for your support.

1 Like