Envelopes can't be modulated with the LFO in VAP, WTFM

Bug Description

Im trying to modulate the filter envelopes (env1) decay or sustain with a LFO and nothing is happening. I crank the modulation to the max but i cant hear the change in the sound.
My Lfo is at slow rate and its on free running.
I also get 0 results when i modulate amp and wave sustain with a lfo

Reproduction Steps

1. I modulate the filter envelopes (env1) decay or sustain with a LFO and nothing is happening

Occurrence

*bug is reproducible always

Found in

go to Config > Firmware page on your device and copy version / build numbers below

• Version: [1.0.1]
  • Build: [1405]

Attachments

Still with 0 results. Can someone try?

have you extended your note length? it might not be long enough.

select the notes / track, then…

Hej

thx for the response. Yes i did and the decay is short

Can you take some photos of all relevant settings and parameters and share with us?

I also tried with the sustain 100%. There is no other modulation

best thing to do is start with an init patch and then go into patch edit & zero out the envelope & filter modulations (which are active by default on the init patch) and start from there. a similar thing was happening to me too till I zero’d everything out n started from scratch. then adjust your amp envelope n filter envelope etc.

I already did that. You can see it on the screenshots. Dont know what to do…

Hi @nevenbucevic,

We’re sorry to hear you’re having problems with our gear. Could you please read How to report bugs, and edit your start post according to those guidelines and template? Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi guys. So am i the only one with this bug where i cant modulate the envelopes? Has anyone tried to modulate filter envelope decay?

imo it’s 99% not a bug. there’s lots of stuff that interacts in the patch edit, & something won’t appear to work, but it’s cause of another parameter. it’s user error. happens to me a fair bit & ive got a couple of decades experience. the patch edit list isn’t the best ui I’ve ever used.

There are pictures so you can look and tell me what im doing wrong please. So you have tried and everything is ok?

I have no problems with modulating the filter decay with a lfo on any other synth that i have, thats why i think its a bug.

I’ve just given it a go on my machine & tbh I can’t get the lfo’s to modulate filter env decay either.

doesn’t seem to have any effect, as you say. maybe I’m missing something too :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I tried myself and I don’t hear any modulation. I tried all the sources (lfo2, env 2, amp env) to modulate filter env decay and I don’t hear anything.

As soon as I change the destination to something else, I hear changes.

1 Like

Did you see the response from @Hans, asking you to format this as a proper bug report? I think that will help move things forward for the Polyend team.

1 Like

Yes i saw it and did it now when you finally confirmed its a bug

Let me know if i reported correctly

Hi again :slight_smile:

Could you please edit your bug report, using the provided template below? Please also attach reproduction steps for our team, and make sure to attach the project that you were working on when this occurred.

The template you must use is below.

BlockquoteFirst please read How to report bugs

• when filling this template, remove all text in Italic including this paragraph
  • submit the bug report by fully completing the template below

Bug Description

describe the issue you encountered and what is the correct behavior which you expect

Reproduction Steps

1. write down minimum number of exact steps which reproduce the issue

Occurrence

bug is reproducible always / sometimes / happened once

Found in

go to Config > Firmware page on your device and copy version / build numbers below

• Version: [example 1.8.0]
  • Build: [example 345]

Attachments

simply drag and drop to upload or paste links to:
photos, short videos, and project folder (.zip format only)

The bug report is edited

1 Like

Hi @nevenbucevic,

Thank you for reporting this bug. We are sorry you’re experiencing issues while using our product. We will do our best to resolve it and notify you when it’s ready.

Was able to reproduce the same issue with the WTFM engine too, so took the liberty to edit the ticket title a little bit. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. :slight_smile:

1 Like