Empty variation does not keep explicit track length

When setting track length it does not keep it after switching

While switching to empty variation of the track it makes sense that it inherits it’s length from playing non empty variation. But after explicitly setting length on empty variation, switching to non empty variation and back to the the same empty variation i which had explicitly set the track length, this variation has again length of the last playing non empty variation, which i thinks hould not behave this way.

Reproduction Steps

1. On track 1, variation 1 program some beat, set the track length to 30
  2. Switch to track 1 (empty) variation 16
  3. Select track 1, select track length. It will display 30
  4. Set track length 16.
  5. Hit save.
  6. Switch again to track 1 variation 1. Track length is showing 30.
  7. Again switch to track 1 variation 16. Track length is showing 30 even i explicitly set it to 16 before.

Occurrence

bug is reproducible always

Found in

• Version: (1.2.0)
  • Build: (849)

I had the same behavior at some point and even created this thread, but then I tried something differently and, surprisingly, it worked. According to this report, seems like it’s empty sequence causing the problem.

@lubopanak thanks for your report, I’m sorry you’re having issues. This particular case is by current design: we don’t save variations if they don’t contain active steps. Also, step 5 (Save) has nothing to do with this case, it is used to save a “Session”. Please refer to the user manual for more info.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.