Custom Beat Fill tracks have wrong order

Hey Borsuk, Mitch, Miropoly, and all of the Polyend Team members I haven’t met yet,
I hope you’re feeling great after the holidays. However, I’ve come across an interesting bug.

Bug Description

The custom Beat Fill from the manual (page 123) isn’t functioning properly. Sometimes the first track is empty, and sometimes the second track has hi-hats, or the third track has kicks. :person_shrugging:

Reproduction Steps

1. Create a new project.
  2. Load folders with kicks, snares, and hi-hats.
  3. Rename folders to match the correct names as specified in the manual - Kick, Snare, HiHat.
  4. Create a simple custom Beat Fill.
  5. Save the project.
  6. Open the SD card on your PC.
  7. Copy the .pattern file from “Projects” and paste it in “BeatFills.”
  8. Return the SD card to the device.
  9. Try to Beatfill the pattern; it doesn’t work. The video I added below showcases a scenario where the kicks track is completely empty, but I’ve also observed cases where the second track is empty or contains kicks or hi-hats.

Occurrence

bug is reproducible - always

Found in

• Version: 1.0.1
  • Build: 1405

Attachments

video with bug - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfWq39wlUAI
project from video - Tacky stone1111.zip (3.4 MB)

Hey @cavitas! Hope you had yourself some amazing holidays and a very Happy New Years to you!

I have a good feeling that I know what’s going on here. Could you check out pages 140/141 of the new Play+ manual. There is a very specific order that needs to be followed for the Custom fills to work.
Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hi @dan.lgrnd,

Thank you for the kind words. After delving deeper into the manual, I’ve come to realize that my mistake may have been creating a custom beat fill in the sequencer with more than 16 steps. I wonder how this should work in melody fills :thinking:, as I’ve definitely seen melody fills with more than 16 steps.

It seems like I might need to submit a feature request instead of a bug report.

Thanks for your assistance. Have a great evening!

1 Like

@cavitas there is a bug indeed with custom beat fills in which tracks have wrong order. Thanks for logging it with such detail and we’ll inform you when it’s fixed.

2 Likes