Increase Custom beat/melody fills more than 16 steps

Make Custom Beat/Melody fills more than 16 steps.

What is the problem?

The current limitation of 16 steps for custom beat fills hinders the creation of interesting and dynamic fills. Attempting to create custom beat fills for 64 steps leads to device malfunctions and bugs (So it almost done, almost :smiling_face_with_tear:). Melody fills, like the original ones, should allow for more than 16 steps, as they are all 64 steps. Additionally, the inability to make a 1play-7skip configuration restricts creative possibilities.

What do you want to achieve?

Enable the capability to create custom beat/melody fills with more than 16 steps for a faster and more personalized flow.

Are there any workarounds?

I attempted to achieve the same result using skip-play/probability settings; however, this proved to be challenging, and I still lack the ability to implement a 1play-7skip configuration. It’s quite a tricky situation! :sweat_smile:

Any links to related discussions?

No

Any references to other products?

No

2 Likes

Hey @cavitas! Thanks for bringing on this wish! Written like a pro :clap:

1 Like

@cavitas Thanks for your wish, but it is already possible to create custom fills using all 64 steps.

@Mitch Manual is indeed saying Beat Fills are limited to 16 steps. Can you fix this?

Also on next page …

@cavitas But it seems the feature is broken and indeed mixes up the samples, like you explained in bug report Custom Beat Fill Bug / Tracks shuffled?
I’ll reopen the bug and we’ll try to fix this. Thanks

3 Likes

+1 for for the request of “a 1play-7skip configuration” and also we really need “a skip7-play1 configuration” :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.