Being in the performance mode you can call the patterns view with a short press. On release you get back into the perform which is great and expected. The same doesn’t work the other way around, so being in the patterns view calling the perform:
- Doesn’t work with a long press + release = back function
- Resets you into a basic view for some reason
Such exclusions in the behavior make it unpredictable.
It would be great to have the same behavior to the similar functions. So, according to the examples above, being in the patterns view and:
- pressing the performance button shortly (press, hold, release) should result in switching back to patterns (for fast activations/deactivations)
- pressing the performance button + pressing it again (deactivating) should bring user back to patterns, because it’s expected.
Such improvements would make device more predictable, easy to learn, use and would allow more fluid control during live performances.
- This wish was part of Ability to switch between MIDI sequencer and audio sequencer's perform mode straight away, without switching views
- Differentiated "press and hold" and "press" functions for the patterns button to make it work better with variations