Comb Filter option

What is the problem?

As a user, the current filter options for instruments are limited and do not include a comb filter, which is known for its distinctive sound and versatility in sound design. This limitation restricts the creative possibilities for users seeking to achieve unique timbres and textures in their music production.

What should this feature achieve?

This feature should provide users with a comb filter option in the instrument filter section, allowing for greater flexibility and creativity. The comb filter should include adjustable parameters such as frequency, feedback, and mix level, enabling users to fine-tune the effect to suit their specific needs.

Are there any workarounds?

Currently, users may attempt to achieve similar effects using external plugins or by routing the audio to another device that has a comb filter. However, these workarounds can be cumbersome and may not integrate seamlessly with the existing workflow.

Any links to related discussions?

No related discussions found.

Any references to other products?

Products such as Octatrack, Blofeld, and Digitakt MK2 include comb filters in their native effects, which are highly valued by users for their ability to create complex and evolving sounds.

1 Like

Hey @dub909 thanks for the detailed request.

I do wonder though if we would like to expand this wish. I for one appreciate the various filter types that exist now in the synth. And i do wonder if those could make their way to the sample based engines as well - which would be dope!

We can totally just continue this wish based on your Comb Filter request though :blush:

Actually I forgot to mention that this comb filter request was mainly for the sample based instruments but it would be cool to have the option on the synth instruments as well but those are fine as-is IMO

Sorry, maybe i was not clear the way i wrote it.

I DO mean sample instruments. It would be cool to have the filter models that are available to the synth instruments also for the sample instruments (including a newly added comb filter).

For simplicity sake i will create a new wish for that… and proceed with this one specifically for the comb filter :blush:

@dub909 Thanks for your contribution. Unfortunately, we have to decline your wish because of technical limitations.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.