Bug when importing a sample with a new project

Bug Description

When importing a sample, it gets truncated. This happens with the default sample pack provided by Polyend for the Tracker.

Reproduction Steps

1. Start a new project
  2. Use the Sample Loader
  3. Go to “Samples > ARC Noise > snares”
  4. Go to snare_classic_24.wav and preview it.
  5. Notice how it has a subtle decay
  6. Import it (either with “Add” or “Import”)
  7. Listen / preview the imported sample (or use it in a project)

Notice how it is shorter? It seems to be cut half way.
Also: on other tryouts the sample seemed to be downsampled, so I think something is going wrong with the sample conversion or something.

Occurrence

Bug is reproducible every time (I tried with multiple samples, kicks were also affected, etc. for example: kick_machine_7.wav and kick_machine_8.wav)

Found in

• Version: 1.7.1
  • Build: 561

I’m pretty sure what you are experiencing is the same bug described in Sometimes samples don't play until end when Snap to zero = On - #8 by merlin

On the tracker if you go to Config, Project Settings and then turn Snap to Zero off. Could you confirm if this results in the sample being played back properly?

Hi @gielberkers.com. Thank you for reporting this bug. We are sorry you’re experiencing issues while using our product. We will do our best to resolve it and notify you when it’s ready. :slight_smile:

@here I’m happy to inform that this bug was fixed with the 1.8.0 firmware update. :slight_smile:
Thank you for helping us improve the Tracker!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.