Additional Envelope types (Log, Lin, Exp)

What is the problem?

Envelopes response are fixed, we can’t choose between different shapes for the stages (Log, Lin, Exp). That leads to envelopes that cannot be snappy enough for percussive sounds.

What do you want to achieve?

It would be great to be able to choose a response for Attack, Decay and Release stage between 3 options : Log, Lin or Exp.

Are there any workarounds?

If there was a Modulation Matrix we could route an Envelope to itself to change its response (Like we can do on the DSI Tempest for example).

Any links to related discussions?

I haven’t found any.

Any references to other products?

We can find this kind of options on eurorack modules like the Make Noise Maths.

Original Message

Hi there,

It seems that I’m not allowed to post in the wishlist for the Mini, so I’m starting here.

Am I the only one wishing envelope shape selection ?
As far as I can hear they seem to respond on a logarithm shape, while I’d really like to use exponential response for more percussive sounds. Sometimes we can modulate an envelope with itself to get a more snappy response, but as the engine is quite simple on the Mini we can’t do this way.

I’d really like to be able to chose between Log, Lin and Exp response for the envelopes ! Please Polyend !

1 Like

Always thought it was linear. Having an option to switch to the exponential curve would be really cool indeed.

I added a wishlist tag to your post. I think thats all to let it become a draft wish.

Now you can edit your post and fill ou these questions;

What is the problem?

What do you want to achieve?

Are there any workarounds?

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

1 Like

Thanks ! I did ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve updated the original post to make it a proper wish based on the work y’all have already put into it. Now it should be editable by everyone. :blush:

1 Like

Is this only for Mini?

Good point, i’ve added the tracker tag as well.

1 Like