We're introducing Tracker Mini

Does usb audio support in and out? Can I sample from usb audio ?

Can you use the shortcut keys at the bottom or the 8 shortcut keys at the top for faster direct note entry?

3 Likes

By Venus Theory - YouTube

:green_heart:

2 Likes

lo deseo mucho

to literally make a shitty album

congrats for the release, I wish you the greatest of successes

2 Likes

Best in Show winner!?!?

8 Likes

Nice job! Can’t wait for it!

Hallo! I’ve been waiting for this for some time since it was mentioned in a Polish interview with Polyend on YouTube some time ago.

I’ve owned the original Tracker for a few years and love it, but I also love portable music making gear, so the concept of this has been a dream for me.

I was disappointed to see that there are no keyboard keys to noodle tunes on and record them in, so I’m probably now not going to get it. I would have preferred that there be more menu diving/shift key action and instead include a small keyboard for playing. Also I like using the different scales on the original Tracker.

I’m trying to figure out if I can make this work for me, what do others think about this topic and how do they foresee using it stand alone? Maybe I should watch some videos of others using it.

I briefly owned the M8, but inability to play in notes and plink out tune ideas with keys was too disappointing.

1 Like
3 Likes

Very curious about the Mini, and looking forward to being able to try it out in person. Without the pads and scroll-wheel, it’ll be interesting to see how you’ve approached the workflow.

From the pictures that folks have shared, it looks pretty smart. I like the Kindle style format/size.

Are there any plans to include streaming from SD card on the Mini?

This is good to hear. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s plastic.

2 Likes

Yeah - it would be really great if you could use the 8 shortcut buttons at the bottom edge of the screen as temporary “note input” buttons (with octave up/down with dpad or the +/-)

3 Likes

Is there a way to enter notes via buttons (see above, re: using the under-screen buttons as temporary note input buttons). I think this could work really really well, if not already in the device.

1 Like

Sweet little thing.

a nice look at performance mode on the mini:

5 Likes

I’m hoping that note entry when using the +/- keys will respect the scale setting.

1 Like

I was betting on a scroll wheel like this one, when first hearing about this, but on the other hand, I also bet this was considered and the buttons are the more reliable choice. :slight_smile:

I’m sure that it will be as you say, and maybe shift+button to enter notes out of the scale.

2 Likes

Polyend Tracker Mini: My thoughts after the Namm release - YouTube sitting on my hands and having a think before saying something about the tracker mini. But here are my 2 cents.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Sorry we’ll have to get back to you as the firmware development progresses for firm answers on these!

2 Likes