Unclear where the song jumps to when deleting the currently playing slot on the Song page

Bug Description

When deleting the currently playing pattern/slot from the Song page, the song jumps to some unpredictable location.

Reproduction Steps

1. Create a song with multiple patterns.
  2. Play the song.
  3. As the song is playing, press Delete Slot to delete the currently playing slot.
  4. The song keeps playing but it’s not predictable where the playhead jumped to.

I don’t mean that the playhead is lost for the remaining duration of the currently playing pattern—that’s fine. But once that pattern is done playing, I would expect the playhead to simply move on to the subsequent pattern in the sequence.

From what I’m seeing, the song tries to stay on the deleted pattern and looks for that pattern somewhere else in the song to continue from there. If the pattern is not found anywhere else in the song, it jumps to the last pattern in the sequence (I think).

Occurrence

Always.

Found in

• Version: 2.0.0
  • Build: 995

@matthieutc Hi, thank you for reporting this bug. We are sorry you’re experiencing issues while using our product. We will do our best to resolve it and notify you when it’s ready.

1 Like