Sync tracker via 1/8 din input and poly2 host port?

I’ve been smashing my head against a wall for a few days trying to pass a midi clock from the 1/8 din input trough to the Poly2 via the usb host port. Strangely it seems even notes sent from the tracker don’t even want to send via usb when the 1/8 din input is receiving a clock. My goal is merely to sync the tracker to this external clock and sequence my modular via the tracker.

I’m thinking it could be a bug or a consequence of the midi thru not being properly implemented.

I tried sending midi via the tracker 1/8 din output to another device and it does seem to receive both the clock and notes.

I voted on the post requesting a fix for the midi thu implementation but I won’t know if that’s actually the cause until I get a 1/8”stereo aux to send midi to the poly2 later today.

Maybe my Poly2 is just configured wrong? :man_shrugging:t2:

I haven’t used either device in a while, but I swear I had this exact setup working a while back. The firmware on both devices is up to date.

Maybe I’m overthinking it? I already feel like an idiot that I can’t figure this out.

1 Like

As far as i understand it the USB Ports on the Poly 2 only accept incoming midi signal and don’t send it out. And yes the MIDI Thru of the Tracker requires some polish.

Let us know how it goes after you connect it with the jack stereo cable. Else we will have a look together.

I personally have always only used the Minijack In/Out with the Poly 2, so i didn’t encounter this issue. But i have enough devices that i can replicate your issue if neccessary.

1 Like

Amazon just delivered the 1/8 stereo aux. and the issue is resolved… :man_shrugging:t2:

Why midi isn’t being sent from the tracker usb to the Poly2 over the host port is strange. Would’ve been FAR more elegant a solution to have the tracker output over usb.

At least It’s working now.

Glad to hear it works now. :heart:

Well… :crossed_fingers: that we eventually see a better MIDI Thru implementation on the Tracker.

For anyone stumbling across this post, with a similar issue. Go give your vote to this wish:

2 Likes