Sort projects by name

It would be really nice helpful to get the ability to sort projects by name.

What is the problem?

The project list seems to be unordered, which is really painful when you are looking for a specific project in a list of 80+ entries.

What do you want to achieve?

Have projects sorted by name, alphabetically. It seems to be not possible to sort them by modification time, but alphabetically would be perfect! The idea would be to have the same sorting that we have in the sample directory, for example.

Are there any workarounds?

No, as we can’t sort in any way the folders, it is then not possible to have the list sorted by name criteria.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

Sorting projects or song by name is probably a common feature.

8 Likes

Good to see some of the classic feature requests making it over here! Been one of my requests since 2020. Hopefully it’s possible, seems like an easy win but then I feel like if it was they’d have done it by now…

@djenzar Thank you for contributing to the Wishlist! I have made some cosmetic changes to make the description fit with Writing a good feature request, especially avoiding the use of first person to make the wish a community wish instead of personal.

Hi @icaria36, thank you for the edits and my apologies for skipping the community/personal perspective on the guideline.
Best

@here thanks for contributing! It’s open for votes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This wish has been fulfilled with the release of 1.7 firmware!
Thank you sooo much, the project navigation screen is really cleaner now! :star_struck:
Feel free to close this wish.
All the best

1 Like

Exactly @djenzar! Tracker 1.7 firmware update is available and fulfills your wish! :wink: Once again, thanks for helping us make the Tracker better for everyone.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.