Sequencing Feature - Retain FX Value if FX Button is Pressed and Released and FX Type is Not Changed

What is the problem?

If an FX value, for example, Volume on the FX1 column, is set to 50 and the FX1 button is pressed and released, the FX1 value is reset to 0 even though the FX1 type is not changed.

What should this feature achieve?

It would be nice to allow users to click the FX1/2 button to get a list of all possible FXs, in case they forget what an FX letter means or simply want to see the whole list, and not reset the FX value after releasing the FX1/2 button. The ultimate feature would be to remap the current FX value to a new FX if the FX type is changed. For example, Volume 50 could change to Chance 50 or Volume 50 could change to a middle value for some non 0-100 value-based FX.

Are there any workarounds?

None available.

Any links to related discussions?

None available.

Any references to other products?

None available.

2 Likes

Regarding the value being reset to zero: If you quick press and release the FX key, it won’t change the value so it speeds up your workflow. I also had some difficulty with that at one point.

1 Like

Thanks for the wish @liimiited!

1 Like

+1! I often press FX1/2 to read the docs and then I have to remember to undo when I’m done.

1 Like

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

1 Like